Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

If Dr. Denney is who is available she is who helped me when…

Customer Question
If Dr. Denney is who...
If Dr. Denney is who is available she is who helped me when this baby was born:
My dog is 8 1/2 Mon. Old. He is Chihuahua mix and was diagnosed with parvo around November 20th, and after 4 days of 24 hour care,recovered. Today, he is showing same symptoms again just like when I suspected parvo. Is this possible? I also have a brand new 2 month old pup I rescued who had a terrible infestation of worms(we are treating the baby for them currently), in case that could be a cause.
The first pic is when they were born and second is him today
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello.
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Rebel, please? I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

To answer you directly, no, previous infection with parvo gives life-long immunity. Yes, Rebel could have contracted intestinal parasites from the new pup. What are Rebel's current signs that are concerning you, please?

Hi Natasha,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Rebel. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian