Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has been acting strange for the past 2 days. I

Customer Question
My dog has been...

My dog has been acting strange for the past 2 days. I noticed she starts shaking after eating and seems to have trouble pooping. She stops trembling shaking after about 5-10 mins... She has not had any vomiting , diarrhea or loss of appetite. Not sure what Is going on

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

Not that we are aware of.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Lola

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?

She has a small red spot on top of her front paw- looks a little raised and red... she randomly will lick it. She’s Not limping or anything and isn’t an open wound of any kind. Nothing that looks “alarming” but definitely is something new

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What breed of dog is Lola?

Has she had any diagnostics for this concern, such as x-rays?

Is the stool she's producing normal? soft? hard? runny?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Lola is a Shiba Inu. No changes in diet- has been on the same dog food for years. Ever since she was little we have been giving her bully sticks to chew and milk bone treats. No change in environment... we’ve been at our home for 6 years. She’ll occasionally get some human food such as a few small pieces of meat from dinner added to her food bowl- but nothing new or different.
She hasn’t been showing signs of stress- more like discomfort / lethargy

No we have not been to the doctor which is why I’m inquiring on this site. Holiday weekend. She seems like she is having trouble pooping. At times she is also smackin her lips more than usual... but still no vomit or diarrhea

When she does defecate, is the stool she's producing normal? soft? hard? runny?

We live in Ohio and it’s below freezing outside so it’s hard to tell
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian