Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

6 YEAR OLD GOLDEN CAME BACK FROM A RUN LETHARGIC AND

Customer Question
6 YEAR OLD GOLDEN...

6 YEAR OLD GOLDEN CAME BACK FROM A RUN LETHARGIC AND LIMPING. HAS A HARD TIME GETTING UP BUT DOES. WE HAVE AN OLD RX 2012 FOR BOTH RIMADYL 75 MG.AND TRAMADOL 50MG . HAVE BEEN USING THESE FOR YEARS SINCE WE ARE ON OUR 7TH RESCUED PAIR OF GOLDENS. CAN HE TAKE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME SINCE ONE IF FOR PAIN AND THE OTHER IS FOR ARTHRITIS ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

GHILLIE.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about GHILLIE?

NO, HE LIVES TO CHASE JACK RABBITS IN THE DESERT.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you today! Please give me a few moments to respond and I will be back momentarily!

I am so sorry to hear that Ghillie is in discomfort. Yes the rimadyl and tramadol can be combined safely, rimadyl is twice daily with food while tramadol can be every 8 hours (may sedate)

CLICK HERE for links to rimadyl use/ dosage

CLICK HERE to link for tramadol use/ dosage

I hope this information is helpful, along with soft circular massage up and down each leg as well as up/ down the spine. Please keep him restricted for a few weeks to ensure proper healing then slow return to activity

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian