Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog pumpkin is very sick last week she was so bad that I…

Customer Question
my dog pumpkin is very...
my dog pumpkin is very sick last week she was so bad that I was going to put her down last Friday. she was not eating walking peeing blood and just looked out of it .she is being treated for kidney problems . I took her to the vet on tues. and had her looked at before I made my decision . The doctor ask why do I think it was her kindey her blood work has always been perfected and the last time I had it done was 2 months ago. I told them you guys told me she did because she was leaking protein. I did not do blood work this time because it is 300 dollars and what was the point she is a 13 1/2 old golden . he did find something wrong with her heart this time he did a EKG and it show some abnormal beat once in awhile. She has always had a problem with UTI her whole life so I gave them a urine sample and gave her some fluids , antibiotic shot that would last 2 weeks because she was not eating agreed to treat it as a UTI and see if that would make her better . she started to get better where she was walking again eating food ( only lunchmeat Hormel ham ) and she was interacting with family and the 3 other dogs again but last night she did not keep her dinner down and yellow bile came up. I gave her a little bit a ham later and she kept it down .
I gave her some ham this morning and she did alright but tonight I gave her about 1/4lbs of ham then she drank water and within 5 min she threw it all up and with all the water with a yellow tint to it. I washed off the ham and see if she was still hungry but in smaller bites and she ate it like she was still hungry . That was over a hour ago and she has kept it down. So I am at a lost because if she did not feel well I think she would not feel like eating. I know when she was younger and she got super hungry she would puke up that yellow bile. pumpkin is also on meds for incontinence.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It looks like Dr. Christie has not signed on since you originally posted your question. Would you like my help in their absence?

no need now I needed the advice last night I took her to the vets this morning