Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog. I accidentally gave my dog Advantiz and braveco today…

Customer Question
I accidentally gave my...

I accidentally gave my dog Advantiz and braveco today thinking one was heartworm that they were both flea and tech. What should I do? Is she going to be OK.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Trixie, around 11 Trixie, around 11 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Trixie?

I don't think so. Only then I gave her her heartworm medicine today too. She's a ***** *****. Around 12 pounds.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Thank you for your question. So Trixie got a dose of Advantix and a dose of Bravecto too? Were they the correct size for her weight? Has she had both of them before?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian