Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She will not put weight on back leg. 30 lbs beagle. She hold…

Customer Question
She will not put...

She will not put weight on back leg

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

30 lbs beagle

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the beagle?

She hold the back left leg up and will not put weight on it

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the beagle seem to hurt?

She does not seam to be in pain and I can not see anything out place

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the beagle's name and age?

Bella and we thing she is about 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?

No she has always been in good health

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good morning

This is Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Did this happen all of a sudden? After exercise or climbing stairs?

Paul

She was outside and came in with the limp

Hi there

We can sort this without a phone call

Are you still there?

Paul

the payment was made
What dose she need to help the leg

Can you be my vet assistant for a few minutes? :)

I can try

Great

I want you to compare the knee of the bad leg with that of the good leg.

Thicker? Swollen?

Paul

She will not let me touch it but it look the same

Okay thanks

Here are my thoughts:

This is a knee problem almost for sure

I am hoping it is just a sprain or strain BUT am also worried this could be a torn anterior cruciate ligament

No need to go to vet yet

Lets give Aspirin at 10.0 mg/pound twice daily with food

IF just a sprain/strain it will get better in 24- 48 hours

IF not this then likely the lameness will persist and should be examined

Make sense?

Paul

Will try the aspirin
If it not better in 48 hours then a vet app.

Great

Please update me tomorrow morning

And please dont forget to rate me- That is how I get paid :)

Standing by

Paul

Thank you we will

Thanks!

Standing by for updates

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian