Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My yorkie is trembling and limping. I don't know why. I see…

Customer Question
My yorkie is trembling...

My yorkie is trembling and limping. I don't know why.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes, I see no open wounds. He snuck outside for about 10 or 15 minutes today when my daughter went to the mailbox. I wondered if he got in a scuffle with the neighbor's big dog - but we didn't see or hear anything.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Scamper is 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Scamper?

He has a little asthma - but I don't think it's related. He acts like he is in pain, but he isn't wimpering

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I don't think this looks life threatening, but I wonder if there is a pain reliever I could give him? I have meloxicam if there is a safe dose for a 15-lb yorkie.
12/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he been limping? Any history of a trauma or fall?

Which leg is it?

When Scamper is trying not to use the leg, does he hold it up or drag it?

If you feel up and down the leg, any swellings, tender spots, bruising, or bony crunching?

Any discomfort when you flex and extend each joint?

Any joint swellings or puffiness?

Is he on any medication just now (ie for his asthma)?