Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

A 7 year old schnauzer, had to go out every two hours, but…

Customer Question
A 7 year old...

A 7 year old schnauzer, had to go out every two hours, but would only strain, with no results. He is fully house trained, but has had 2 accidents with urine over the past 3 days. He has not eaten a lot, but has even able to keep down what he has eaten. He has actually cried to go out for a bowel movement, but the only success was a little bit of dark brown liquid an hour ago.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the Schnauzer will be able to digest that. What is the Schnauzer's name?

Willie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Willie?

He has had surgery in the past for an intestinal blockage caused by a bone. He has had such He has had two operations over the past 4 years from 2 large dog attacks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi!

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

To confirm he is still able to urinate okay?

But not able to pass stool

No blood in the urine?

Paul

Correct... my email is off line text to(###) ###-####unless you can send an answer this way. I do not want to become a member... just void this question if it is going beyond 5 dollars...

Okay I will have them void it

Have a good night

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian