Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog slept with my daughter last night and when he got up…

Customer Question
My dog slept with...

My dog slept with my daughter last night and when he got up he began to yelp. I was rubbing him and touched behind his shoulder and he yelped

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Bo he is a 4 year old Lab it hasn't slowed him down at all

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Bo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bo?

No he is up-to-date with physical and shots

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear about Bo's being painful near his shoulder. Did this just happen?

Is he limping on the leg at all?

no not really it happend one other time. My son has a puppy almost a year that plays with Bo and will sometimes jumped on that area. I'm wondering if something happened. I gave him Arnica and was going to rub the lotion on him too.

It would be safe to try the Arnica, but make sure he does not lick and swallow a lot of it.

If this persists, I would have his shoulder X-rayed. There are shoulder conditions seen in this breed.

I have not heard from you; I hope you saw my response!

Please let me know if this is helpful and what other questions I can answer.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian