Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

It started abruptly tonight. She was acting normal then all…

Customer Question
It started abruptly tonight...

It started abruptly tonight. She was acting normal then all of sudden was like gagging and was licking everything in site. Gave her water and she drank that fast then went outside came back in and was still acting funny. Then she started shredding a plastic tackle cloth and was eating it.. eating the area rug, the tree and the carpet. She did finally just puke but still not acting right.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Not that I am aware of

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Abby and she just turned 1 in July

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Abby?

She turned 1 this pass July

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Abby?

No otherwise healthy and up to date on vaccines

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Prior to these symptoms, have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian