Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has her toungue sticking out seems weak and wobbly. I…

Customer Question
She has her toungue...

She has her toungue sticking out seems weak and wobbly.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

I dont know. She had the same symptoms about a week ago and we took her to an hospital . They thought she must have eaten something toxic.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Did you see what the dog ate?

No we dont know of anything. They put her on ivs and charcoal and bloodwork and said she must have gotten something!

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

I cant afford another 1000.00

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have you gone through all the plants in the yard? Medications in the house? Cleaners and so forth to remove all that could be making her sick?

Are there any people in the house on medication which might have dropped one? Any potential for drug ingestion such as meth?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

We couldnt wait. We took her to the hospital. No vomiting or diarrhea.
Seems neurological. Tongue sticking out head shaking unsteady when standing. Both times were after the park.
We took her to the park both times. A week ago and now this week. Two different parks and she got sick both times.
She stays in the house at home
She doesnt go outside.