Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

If my littlefemail dog bleeds frome her vigina is she in…

Customer Question
If my littlefemail dog...

If my littlefemail dog bleeds frome her vigina is she in heat becaus it's swollen to

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Princes she was born in augast2017

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Shes very hipper she part blue heler and somethink els i saved her befor they were going to put her down after just 9weeks old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Princess

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you today! Please give me a few moments to respond and I will be back momentarily!

If she is just four months old that is quite young to be in heat. I would be more inclined to believe she might have a vulvitis and urinary tract infection so would advise collecting a first morning sample tomorrow morning in a tupperware container, refrigerate the sample and having her seen by your veterinarian to rule this out before the holiday weekend

Ideally until you are able to get to your veterinarian, please increase water intake. You can do this by supplementing the dry food with water and flavoring the water (maple syrup or no salt broth for example) as well. Increasing the water intake will help "flush" out the bladder

Below is more information on this condition in dogs, called hematuria (blood in urine):

http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/symptoms/hematuria-blood-in-urine-in-dogs

Please let me know if you have any additional questions I can assist with, I am online another 15 minutes tonight

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION. Bonuses are always welcome (I am not compensated in any other way). Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both, I am online another 15 minutes tonight

Good evening, I wanted to check on your puppy to see how she is doing and whether you were able to get her to the vet today? I would love an update when you are able

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman