Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My lovebird loves to play with branch/leaves of garden trees…

Customer Question
My lovebird loves to...

My lovebird loves to play with branch/leaves of garden trees (eg beech) but is it safe to poke a leafy branch into his cage?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the lovebird's name and age?

Name is "Birdie" he is 2 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about "?

He doesn't eat it, just plays and pulls off the leaves and drops them!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/29/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand you have a question about using a Beech tree branch for Birdie to perch. Is that a correct summary of your question?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, not to perch on, but to play with - he loves to pull all the leaves off a branch. Is it safe?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't think this is going to work - my pet has no symptoms, and I am too far away from your centre. I am signing out now!

Your pet does not need to have symptoms. This is a question/answer service. I was just about to complete the answer to your question. If you would still like to proceed I can give you the answer.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian