Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has an infection in his mouth. Can I give him Amoxicillin…

Customer Question
He has an infection...

He has an infection in his mouth. Can I give him Amoxicillin that is left over from when I was sick? It is just from a week ago.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Rex. He is 19; shepherd/Rott cross

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rex?

He is healthy overall. Some hip stiffness in the winter.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

He is 19 years old? Wow!!

What is the concentration of the Amoxicillin that you have?

Did you keep it in the fridge?

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian