Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has dry black skin around anus for two weeks,is look…

Customer Question
My dog has dry...

My dog has dry black skin around anus for two weeks,is look like dry blad , and seems painful for her when touching what reason could be for this siore skin

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Coco,Stafordshair bullterrier

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coco?

Yes ,Coco had mammary turmos removed 7months

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
also, I noticed her poop become unusually smelly
and appetite increase, she is hungry almost all the time, I checked urine test a few weeks ago and is all ok
on her body also on legs here and there appeared yellowish patches looks like the yeast infection, pows dark between fingers, eyes has brown discharge too
12/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How old is Coco?

When was bloodwork last performed? Do you have a copy of results to share?

Is her weight maintaining or is she gaining weight with the increased appetite?

Can you share pictures of the anus, yellow patches and darkness between toes?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Is her stool solid? Any visible blood?

Is she scooting at all?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian