Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I took my dog for a grooming session this morning. they gave…

Customer Question
Hi, i took my...

Hi, i took my dog for a grooming session this morning . they gave him a bath and dried him up. after that he couldn't stand on his own. and since has not been able to stand up, and has been whining every now and then

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Lobo, 10, St bernard

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Lobo?

10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lobo?

He has been having problems getting up lately.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good morning

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

How is he doing now?

Paul

he is ok. as in he is eating his treats, drinking water. but still not able to get off the ground.

Oh dear.

Are you able to get a sling underneath his abdomen and lift him? Will take two of you

Paul

we can do that. have tried helping him to get up, but he slips on the floor and can't get a grip, also his front paws are not taking his weight. Is it anything to do with the bathing? also we got his nails clipped. He has no pain on any of his paws. He is responding well and can lift his paw for a "shake hand".

Able to move him to a carpeted area?
Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian