Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have two dog in my home suffering from loss of apitite…

Customer Question
I have two dog...

I have two dog in my home suffering from loss of apitite vomiting and some diarrhea . Both dogs have been to separate vets. One dog was showing very elevated emzines . The other dog have texted with some blood work that set up some alarms. I have been under the idea that they may both be suffering from some kind of stomach flu or virus .

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No I have been feeding chicken an d rice.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Both male ... one about 13 yrs Shotun , the other 6yrs named Malachi

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

They have also been drinking way more water than usual.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

They have been eating only a third of what they would usually eat and mostly if I hand feed them.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share bloodwork results from both dogs?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

What treatment are they on so far?