Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just noticed my dog licking and drooling a lot. He had…

Customer Question
I just noticed my dog...
I just noticed my dog licking and drooling a lot. He had been outside for about 30 minutes. Its after dark and we have a really large fenced yard and when he came in he went straight to his bed .I really didn't think about it until I happen to notice him licking and drooling excessively.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 5 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Could he have ingested something outside that tasted bad such as plants or animals (like lizards or frogs)?

Any vomiting?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian