Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a Crested Gecko that is lethargic. Jumpy Male 2 yrs…

Customer Question
I have a Crested...

I have a Crested Gecko that is lethargic.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the gecko. What is the gecko's name and age?

Jumpy Male 2 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the gecko's name?

Jumpy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jumpy?

Found on the bottom of the Terrarium, but when held perk up and licked nose and eyes when spray with water tongue pinkish.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What is the ambient temp in the habitat? What is the warmest and coolest spot temps for the habitat?

2) What substrate is being used?

3) When did he last eat?

4) What bulbs are being used for the habitat, if any?

5) How long have you had him?

6) What does his diet consist of?

7) What vitamin supplementation are you using, if any, and how often is it provided?
8) Are you using any supplemental heating?
9) What is the humidity percentage in the habitat? How often is he misted?
10) Can you share pictures of the habitat?