Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just got back into town and picked up my dog from the

Customer Question
I just got back...

I just got back into town and picked up my dog from the sitter about 3 hours ago. She got sick as soon as we got home and threw up about 8 or so times. She stopped, and is sleeping now, but she's shivering while she's asleep. The house is warm, so it's not the temperature inside. She's always been very healthy and I've never seen her do this.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

No, nothing - she's 12 years old.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/28/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

What color are her gums?

If you press into her abdomen from both sides at the same time, is she painful or uncomfortable?