Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Not mine Love, but my boyfriends Mom older Boston Terrier. I…

Customer Question
Not mine Love, but...

Not mine Love, but my boyfriends Mom older Boston Terrier. I found a article/on your site. She was shaking and frothing, I think she needs a vet like 911 but his mom doesnt think so. : (

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Chloe and she is 11 Im just so worried so I was researching

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chloe?

No she was healthy except his mom only was feeding her primarly chicken she boils and rice not dog food Im so sad for this little dog.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How long has this been going on for?

Any vomiting?

Anything she could have gotten into?

How is her appetite?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not eating last two weeks much, wants to hide in closet but then goes to being "normal", second seizure today. First one was at 6 am
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't think she could eat anything weird? His mom obsesses over the dog but is refusing to take her to emergency vet. I love animals so I'm angry at her, hence asking for help

Thanks for the information.

So, was she unconscious during these two episodes?

Did she have convulsions like a seizure?

Were these the first two seizures she has had?

How is she acting now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
conscious, no this is new (convulsions)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is calm now but quiet

Thanks. So, she definitely needs to see a vet for an exam and blood work, at the very least. If she is acting normal right now, I wouldn't consider it an ASAP emergency, but I would keep a careful eye on her. If she has another episode tonight, I would get it on video if possible, then get her into the emergency vet for sure. It should be safe to just monitor her for now, though, but I would try to get her in to be seen first thing in the morning if she remains stable tonight. Watch for multiple episodes of vomiting, bloody stool, lack of coordination, weakness, extreme lethargy or difficulty breathing. If you see any of those symptoms, I would get her in to be seen tonight. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian