Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We have a new dog from someone who could not care for it…

Customer Question
Hello, we have a...

Hello, we have a new dog from someone who could not care for it anymore. He is 1 1/2 and is Havanese and Shitzu. Potty trained, shots. Curious how do I register him if that's what it's called to make him ours? Also any tips about this mixed breed?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He's not hurt. see below message Hello, we have a new dog from someone who could not care for it anymore. He is 1 1/2 and is Havanese and Shitzu. Potty trained, shots. Curious how do I register him if that's what it's called to make him ours? Also any tips about this mixed breed?

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?

Ponzu

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ponzu?

No, just answer to this ? Hello, we have a new dog from someone who could not care for it anymore. He is 1 1/2 and is Havanese and Shitzu. Potty trained, shots. Curious how do I register him if that's what it's called to make him ours? Also any tips about this mixed breed?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and Ponzu today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information to better assist you if you don’t mind.

Did the previous owner give up the dog to you on their own accord?

Was Ponzu getting any vet care previously? If so, are you going to be using the same vet?

Does Ponzu seem to be responsive to you as far as when you ask him to do things?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian