Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is a beagle who is 1 and a half years old, he seems…

Customer Question
My dog is a...

My dog is a beagle who is 1 and a half years old, he seems to be acting a little strangely this evening

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

He is swaying from side to side a

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

He is acting really drowsy and not his usual self

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

It’s almost like he is ingested some drug or something his eyes seem out of focus

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Figo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Figo?

He is overly lethargic not able to balance and has extreme itching in his back Although he has had an itching problem for a while not but was never this bad and was never behaving so strangely before

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and Figo today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you.

This is not the kind of issue that can be treated in this type of forum. Figo needs to be seen by a veterinarian for a thorough physical exam right away. I would look around the places he has access to to see if there is any evidence he got into something. After an exam, the veterinarian will be better able to decide what treatment is appropriate.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He is fast asleep now .. can we wait or should we check immediately?

With the symptoms that you have described, I would not wait. If he ingested a toxin or a drug, that may be making him sleepy.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It seems similar to another problem someone else had posted about earlier about swaying and drowsiness.. on this website..should we check our dog the same way ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would you suggest checking his pupils ?

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the other post to see what was advised. Yes, you can check his pupils, but even if they are equally responsive, that does not rule out disease or toxin.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay so you are suggesting we go immediately right to avoid any risk
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you for your help

Yes, you are welcome.

petdrz
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian