Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I believe he has ear mites and mange i am taking him to the…

Customer Question
I believe he has...

I believe he has ear mites and mange i am taking him to the vet today and have tried bathing him with oatmeal, gnc antifungal dog shampoo and even vegatable oil twice a day on his skin. i was told there is a shot the vet can give to him to cure it but i dont know the name and i am low income and i cannot afford to dip my puppy as he is a little under 3 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations your puppy can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the puppy's name?

Kane

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kane?

He has these sleepy's in his eyes that are green goopy, other than that he is eating, drinking, but very itchy dry skin and its scabbing and he is still red around his neck face and head, but there's like little bumps all over is body and genitals like he got hives or the chicken pox

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good morning

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

The drug is called Ivermectin

The injection is not expensive and it works very very well

They will need to repeat it 3 weeks after the first one

I hope that helps!

Paul

will this medicine also cure his ear problem because his is shaking and scratching his ears to the point they bleed, and his skin is really dry and when i bathe him his hair is falling out

Yes

Ivermectin also works on ear mites :)

Are you still there?

Paul

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian