Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She ate 4 5mg melatonin tablets and she is 4 pounds. Baby.

Customer Question
She ate 4 5mg...

She ate 4 5mg melatonin tablets and she is 4 pounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Baby

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Baby?

Idk we just got her from the Oregon humane society

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
She’s been spayed nuetered and she has got a rabies shot
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My phone is(###) ###-####
Hello?
She just ate them they were sitting on the floor and I was gonna take them for the night
She is a chihuahua
12/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Thankfully, melatonin is considered nontoxic to dogs even when ingested in excess. I would be surprised if you saw any adverse effects at all as we've never found a toxic dose for dogs. May I have an update on Baby, please?