Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 10 yo lab just started licking his mouth, nose etc

Customer Question
My 10 yo lab...

My 10 yo lab just started licking his mouth, nose etc nonstop. He was sleeping then jumped up and started the non stop licking. His gums are red and swollen

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the lab. What is the lab's name and age?

Pete age 10. He is not lethargic. He is licking non stop. His gums are red and swollen. Now there are serous stains on the sheet

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pete?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/27/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Can you share a video of what you're seeing including his gums?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian