Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 2 year old dauschand (sp) chihuahua mix was just

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. My 2...

Hi Pearl. My 2 year old dauschand (sp) chihuahua mix was just diagnosed with diabetes. I figured this vet bill might run a few hundred dollars to have her checked to see what was wrong with her. They keeping her overnight to run more test but I'm shocked at how much I'm being quoted. What would be a round about ballpark for having a dog checked for that. They said she is early stage diabetes and that we were lucky to catch it very early. Her symptoms just started in the last 4 to 5 weeks. thanks

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help with the diabetes. What is the dog's name?

Her name is***** got her when they were doing a rescue event the day I was there to pick up the ashes from a wonderful dog I had for 16 years named Harley

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Princess?

No. they have been treating her since I adopted her. so they know all the history I do if not more. she hasn't been throwing up. She just lost a lot of weight quickly and had been peeing alot and inside which isn't like her

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you

Thanks for trusting me to help you and Princess today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information to better assist you if you don’t mind.

Can you tell me what tests they are running on her?

Are they performing any treatments while she is there? If so, what are they?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian