Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I found 2 very large lumps in my bulldogs mouth. They are…

Customer Question
I found 2 very...

I found 2 very large lumps in my bulldogs mouth. They are the size of walnuts attached to each other and hanging from the inside of her cheek. I am freaking out. I thought it was food she was choking on and i tried to pull it out and then i saw what it was and almost died. What should i do.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?

Not coughing, her name is ***** ***** she is a English Bulldog, 10 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?

She has very bad food allergies and is on apoquel and benedryl and special foods, she gets very bad ear infections all the time and is on Tramadol too.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry you are so worried about Lola. Is there any way you can post a picture of these lumps?

The only way to know what any lump is would be to do some kind of biopsy. I usually start with FNA, fine needle aspiration. We insert a tiny needle into the lump, to get cells to look at under a microscope.

If the lumps are symmetrical, the same on both sides, these might be benign. Bulldogs can develop a lot of benign inflammatory lesions in the mouth, but only a biopsy will tell you for sure.

I have not heard from you; I hope you are able to see my response.

How is Lola doing? Was this helpful; can I answer anything else?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian