Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My had a litter of puppies on the 6th of September this

Customer Question
My bitch had a...

My bitch had a litter of puppies on the 6th of September this year, she has now come back into season and was accidentally caught by my stud dog. I plan on having the Alzin injections as I don’t agree with back to back markings. The only reason this happened was because I was so sure she wasn’t in season, as we have another bitch in the house who is, I thought my boy was just being overally ‘keen’ but now this has happened. But now I’m more worried about the fact she’s came into season so quickly after whelp. Is this normal? Or should I get her checked for things like Pyometra and Metritis? She’s 2 years old, still eating her food and acting normally. Only thing adnormal is her frequent urination, which I put down to having a litter.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your puppy?

No, that’s all, really

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

With regards ***** ***** question, it is uncommon but not abnormal. Most females come back into heat ~6 months after the last heat/mating but we do see some dogs come back into season sooner. So, this isn't an indication of an infection but that she may just be quicker to cycle. So, its fine to use the Alizin to end this pregnancy but do monitor her if she is passing small frequent urinations as that can be a bladder infection sign and isn't likely related to having had pups back in September.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian