Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is breathing extremely fast while sleeping and

Customer Question
She is breathing extremely...

She is breathing extremely fast while sleeping and lethargic

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Omi, she's 9 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Omi?

Not other than that. She just fell out of bed and didn't even move

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Does she have any current respiratory signs (coughing, sneezing, congestion)?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?