Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He’s licking his mouth over and over. Like he’s nauseas. I…

Customer Question
He’s licking his mouth...

He’s licking his mouth over and over

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Like he’s nauseas

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

I don’t know - we’ve had people here for the holidays and kids and a ton of stuff all over

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

He’s 9 and his name is***** was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma about 4 weeks ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Damian?

He had a splenectomy and the cancer wasn’t found anywhere else

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How long has he been showing signs?

Any retching, gagging, drooling, or vomiting?

Can he eat/drink and keep everything down?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian