Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I understand but going to have to spend a bunch of money at…

Customer Question
Is this a free...

Is this a free service?

Veterinarian's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I understand but going to have to spend a bunch of money at the vet on the 27th so don't have any extra $ right now

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

She developed a huge mass on her back that is very hard and probably 8 inches long and 3 inches high. It almost seems like a huge knotted muscle. Could be a lipoma but could be cancerous. Going to see how much it will cost for surgery to remove it regardless. It's started to affect her ability to jump on the couch and/or bed.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Renny and we don't know exactly how old she is. She wandered up to our house 9.5 years ago and we think she was probably between 1 and 3 then so perhaps 10.5-12.5 years old? She is a pointer mix

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Renny

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Renny?

No otherwise she is healthy. Wet cold nose. eats and drinks fine, does her bathroom business fine. She went from 57 to 50 lbs in a year or so and has gotten a little boney but she is eating great and has a good appetite. seems like she's lost muscle mass

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? How can I best assist you today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did you read the previous correspondence between myself and the vet assistant?

I did. Pearl has helped with a history but nothing I see in the history tells me what questions to address for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I somehow got sucked into paying $19 for no reason. I was cut off from Pearl and now it seems as though there was no reason for me to do this. Please let me know how to obtain a refund.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried to obtain a refund and it said the question is no longer eligible for a refund. Please advise.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian