Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 10 month old cton de tulear puppy suddently limping what…

Customer Question
my 10 month old...
my 10 month old cton de tulear puppy suddently limping what should I do ?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
She is able to stand, run and jump but while walking she is falling down on her back left leg.
12/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 6 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you.

I would immediately crate her. She needs to stay off the leg until examined. The leg needs to be looked at. Smaller breed dogs can have knee issues called Luxating patellas. This is a problem where the knee can pop out of place. There are also issues like an ligament or tendons that can cause a problem with walking. Keeping her crated will keep her off the leg until it can be examined. We do not want her to hurt herself or cause other issues by running and playing hard.

Please click the reply to discuss this information.

Joan

How is your Puppy's leg doing> I wanted to check in.

Joan