Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Bassett/Golden Retriever (female) has a raw wound on end of…

Customer Question
Bassett/Golden Retriever (female) has...

Bassett/Golden Retriever (female) has a raw wound on end of right ear, also lumps in the ear lobe that have been reduced by a couple of weeks of antibiotics. The wound was likely caused from a fight as there were teeth marks on the ear lobe. The dog seems listless, shivering, and is drooling a bit.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No infection is visible in the wound, and dog has been off antibiotics for a few days in order to determine if infection was the problem.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/26/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on your dog? Can you upload a photo(s) of this ear to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian