Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Can my dog have turkey .he takes phabarnata. Peanut 5.

Customer Question
Can my dog have...

Can my dog have turkey .he takes phabarnata

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Peanut 5

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Peanut

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Peanut?

Hes on meds for zelures

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Turkey is generally safe to be given to dogs in small amounts. We recommend avoiding a large amount as it can cause upset stomach, however most of the time a small piece with no fat/skin on it is just fine. It should not cause any issue with phenobarbital.

I just wanted to check in. I never heard back from you. How is your Peanut doing? Is there anything else I can help you with? Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish you and Peanut the best. Have a great day!