Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 6 month old Weimaraner just had a seizure. This is the…

Customer Question
My 6 month old...

My 6 month old Weimaraner just had a seizure. This is the first one she has ever had. What do I need to do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the Weimaraner's name?

Bailey

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailey?

She has been healthy up till now

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you today! Please give me a few moments to respond and I will be back momentarily!

I am so sorry that your puppy had a seizure, that must have been terrifying. I would urge a veterinary er to run some basic bloodwork but also to ensure that this isn't the beginning of cluster seizures (several in a row) which can be treated if she is at the clinic. They may want to monitor her overnight if her neurologic exam is abnormal or send you home with medications to prevent further seizures overnight but I would advise having her seen and not waiting as a precaution

I hope this makes sense, until you are able to get her in please minimize her stimulation of sounds, lights, energy which can exacerbate risks of cluster seizures. Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses and hope that Bailey had no further seizures yesterday? I would love an update when you are able

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian