Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Chihuahua is in active labor she's a little one and she's…

My Chihuahua is in...

My Chihuahua is in active labor she's a little one and she's having trouble we don't know if the dog is breech yet

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your Chihuahua?

She's giving birth

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your Chihuahua seem to hurt?

Nowhere . She's very calm but the dogs paws are already sticking out

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Just that she doesn't keep pushing

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is your Chihuahua eating normally?

She hasn't eAten

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK, abnormal eating. The Expert will know if your Chihuahua will be able to digest that. What is the Chihuahua's name?

Her name is ***** ***** she's struggling now walking in circles

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chiquita?

She's a bigger version of a teacup she's very small

12/25/2017
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

The best advice I can give to you is to get her to an emergency clinic now. She most likely needs a C-section and you may lose her and the puppy if we do not get her help.

If no puppy after 1 hour of labor means the puppy is most likely stuck.

I wish I could do more here but she needs veterinarian care.

The puppy is breech and she's still pushing

The only recommendation I can make is that you need to take her to an emergency clinic now. If not you run the risk of Chiquita dying and the puppy (there is a good chance the puppy is dead already) I am very sorry, but please take her to a veterinarian clinic now.

Ok thank you for your help and time

You are very welcome good luck. I will say a prayer for her.

If this was helpful I would be most appreciative if you could take the time to rate my assistance so the site will credit me with helping you

Without a rating (the stars at the top) the site will not compensate me for helping you.

I am also here for additional questions you may have, just reach out to me here and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Dr. Meghan Denney

This Content is not intended to be a substitute for a professional veterinary exam, diagnostics, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your attending veterinarian with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition of a pet.

Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian