Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My rottie was playing yesterday and now she cries when she…

Customer Question
My rottie was playing...

My rottie was playing yesterday and now she cries when she is sitting down. She can still go up and down stairs, just cries when trying to sit down or changes position.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Lola 10 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?

She is on medication for seizures but other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Lola is experiencing acute pain when she sits down. I am sorry to hear about what is happening. Are you able to determine if there is any injury on the skin surface? If not then that would indicate the pain is either in the muscle or bone of the spine/pelvis area.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian