Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 9 year old Shi-Tzu who suffers terribly from

Customer Question
Hi...I have a 9 year...
Hi...I have a 9 year old Shi-Tzu who suffers terribly from dermatitis/and a heavy build up of fungus mostly on his back. Underneath all the gook are little red sores. I keep telling the vets here in TEXAS it is staph thst he was born with as I have had him since he was spoon fed and when he was a puppy we lived in St. LOUIS NO. and all the vets there agreed it was staph and that he would have FLARE ups all through out his life. These vets here in TEXAS are saying he has developed a fungal infection dye to all the steroid shots over the years...he scratched himself raw. And I take him on 3 hour trips to a much more humid environment about every 4 to 6 weeks so he can come with me as the vet says he has some anxiety. He is on zrytec for excessive scratching..., rye drops foor white thick discharge coming out of his eyes , and he has a little arthritis in his left hind leg....we just got back from humid San Antonio to west Texas where we live in San Angelo Texas and I have noticed that he shaking upon breathing in.....he has never done this before...i have given him his , his pain meds, held him to try an calm him....the white gook in his eyes is so bad his eyes are swelling shut....and I don't know what to do?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information to better assist you if you don’t mind.

What is the name of the eye drops you are using for his eyes?