Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a broken paw about three weeks ago and it is

Customer Question
My dog has a...

My dog has a broken paw about three weeks ago and it is wrapped , we were told to look for swelling and of coarse today it looks swollen. is there anything we can do to take down the swelling

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Kody

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kody?

No everything else is normal he is about 14 weeks old

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Kody's paw appears swollen today. Just so I am understanding correctly, was the paw officially diagnosed as being broken with x-rays?

Thank you. The best thing you can do for pain and swelling is to apply a cold compress to it and an anti-inflammatory medication. A veterinarian would be able to give you a medication that is safest to use for dogs, but if that is not currently being given, then you could also give aspirin at a low dose for a couple of days. That would also be safe.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Just checking in. How is Kody doing?

Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian