Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog followed a dog in to a old house. When I got him out…

Customer Question
My dog followed a...

My dog followed a dog in to a old house. When I got him out he looks bug eye and he keeps going in circles. He can't hold his head still. He will not eat or drink.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Ty and he is 4

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Ty

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Circling is a hallmark of both vestibular (balance) disorders and encephalopathies (brain disorders) involving the forebrain - cerebrum and thalamus. I suspect that Ty found a prescription or recreational drug in that old house and ingested it. Unless he is already normalizing, he'll need a vet's attention to be sedated and detoxicated lest he exhaust himself. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian