Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog hasn’t had an appetite the past 3 days but tonight…

Customer Question
My dog hasn’t had...

My dog hasn’t had an appetite the past 3 days but tonight she’s thrown up 3xs. It’s green/yellow with foam. Is there anything I can do to make her feel better?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

No I can’t recall seeing her eat anything out of the ordinary but she is outside most of the day so I don’t know if she ate something while being outside

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Pepper

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pepper?

On top of her not eating I notice that her body shakes from time to time. Like she’s shivering

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. You can give her Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for the vomiting. I would also start her on some boiled chicken and white rice to see if that doesn't spark her appetite some. It's a bland diet that's good for dogs with GI upset. You an also syringe feed her some Pedialyte to help with her hydration. If these steps don't help, I would take her into the vet for a check up in the morning. Let me know if you have any other questions.If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!