Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I really need some help my dog has pancreatitis she is 105…

Customer Question
Hi I really need...

Hi I really need some help my dog has pancreatitis she is 105 pounds about seven years old she ingested about 15 pieces of peanut butter cups and homemade peanut butter balls with milk chocolate this happened about 30 mins ago I have made phone calls to emergency vets they say to wait for symptoms to occur I am not sure I am comfortable with this I called poison control and they were not helpful in telling me if I should induce vomiting or not can you please help me I'm so worried about my dog thank you jen

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did you see what your dog ate?

About 15 pieces of peanut butter cups and homemade peanut butter balls with milk chocolate this happened about 30 mins ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

She has pancreatitis

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today, please allow me ten minutes or so to review your question and type things up, I will then get straight back to you.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian