Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is very anxious and is constantly pacing/panting. Cocker…

Customer Question
He is very anxious...

He is very anxious and is constantly pacing/panting

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

Cocker spaniel/Pom mix dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cocker spaniel?

He has been pacing for a few hours. Won’t stop or respond to commands or calls

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cocker spaniel seem to hurt?

Doesn’t seem to hurt anywhere. Seems scared.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the cocker spaniel's name and age?

Jake 15 I think

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Jake?

15 I think. He’s a rescue

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jake?

He’s had half a tramadol. No effect

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/25/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. You can try Benadryl (2mg/lb) tonight to help settle him down some. It is very safe to give with the Tramadol. If that doesn't help, you might have to take him to the ER vet for an injection and a prescription strength sedative, but the Benadryl would be worth a try in this case. Let me know if you have any other questions.If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!