Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 5 mo. Min Schnauzer with a UTI and I have a new…

Customer Question
I have a 5 mo...
I have a 5 mo. Min Schnauzer with a UTI and I have a new bottle of Pro-Pen-G. She weighs 19.5 lbs and I want to know if I can use it on her IM and what the dosage would be and how often. Her temp. is 98.8 She is Peeing alot, no blood or mucus, just asking to go pee alot and using piddle pads in between. Thank you in advance.Judy
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How do we know that she has a UTI

Those are quite uncommon in puppies

Paul

I am a breeder and have been for 20+ yrs. She is well house trained and there is an intense urgency, I was trained in Vermont to do artificial Insemination with the stallions we stood. She has gone 6 times so far today and with Christmas tomorrow, I just wanted to be careful.. We have 5 show horses, 4 dogs, 2 Peacocks, 4 Pekins, 12 barn cats, amazon parrot, goffin Cockatatooand love bird I bred. She is eating grain free Grandma Mae's dog food and Grain Free treats, and been chewing on dried pig ears and bully sticks.. Judy

That is quite the menagerie LOL

I dont doubt that it could be a UTI but it could also be stones or crystals in the bladder

The problem we have is that we are not allowed to support not vets giving injections

Do you have some oral antibiotics? Can you get some?

Paul

no, This is Christmas Eve and Sunday, I really just wanted to know if that antibiotic can be used on dogs and what dosage.. I just keep it here for the horses.... I am in the Boonies, I give my own puppy shots, do tails, and dew claws, I just appreciate your imput...I am supposed to be trimming a tree. Judy
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian