Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I think limes has reoccurred, on amoxicillin for three days…

Customer Question
I think limes has...

I think limes has reoccurred, on amoxicillin for three days but yesterday he was worse, vomit last night, can’t move much

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Had limes a few years ago, is 11 and one half yrs old

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on your dog, please?

In general, the response to amoxicillin or doxycycline in Lyme patients is rapid. A prompt improvement is usually noted within two days of administration of these antibiotics.

He is worse, vomit last night, cannot get up. Will drink water

Thank you. Do your best to have him attended to by a vet at your earliest convenience. This doesn't sound like Lyme. While his signs are important, they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. His vet will want to perform a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests +/- imaging in the form of X-rays or ultrasound. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

No fever, 100.4, gums are pinkish

Those are positive prognostic signs.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian