Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Choc Labrador 14 years old. Chocolate labrador. She has had…

Customer Question
Choc Labrador 14 years...

Choc Labrador 14 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes, chocolate labrador

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Labrador?

She has had diarrhea for three days, now is starting to vomit. we have put her onto rice and chicken to help her stomach but it has not helped. Her stools are yellow / orange. I have a list of medication she received on the 15th of this month. I would like to wait till out local vet is back on Tuesday s we do not want to take her to a strange place in case her organs are falling, I would like her to be put down at home.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Labrador eat anything unusual?

No not at all

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Labrador's name?

But the vet did warn about the combo of injections may cause a bad stomach

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Labrador?

We were woken by our dog barking 2 weekends ago, not being able to move her back leg, we fear it could have been a stroke, the vet came out and gave her an injection. we then took her to the chiropractor and again to the vet that week, since then she has had she has had doxydog, deja 0.2ml, traumel injection, pentosan polysulphate, tramadol, omprazole 10mg all in the last week. her back legs are now extremely weak but she manages to get to her food and to the garden to go to the toilet.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
no response
12/24/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on your dog, please?

Doxycycline can cause gastrointestinal disturbances and so should be discontinued. "Deja" is unclear to me. Please tell me which drug(s) this is. Traumeel - a homeopathic product - contains ingredients too dilute to be considered dangerous although it does contain a belladonna alkaloid which is sufficient concentration could act as a pain reliever. Pentosan is well-tolerated. Tramadol and omeprazole make sense at this time.

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian