Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She’s constipated really bad And she was staggering a bit…

Customer Question
She’s constipated really bad...

She’s constipated really bad And she was staggering a bit tried to take her to the vet but they’re closed

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

And she was staggering a bit tried to take her to the vet but they’re closedThere’s no wound

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Dottie 14

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dottie?

There is a lump on her neck our vet in Utah didn’t want to operate cause of her age an it’s close to her jugalar vine

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I can make some recommendations for the constipation. I would start with giving her Miralax, 1 tsp twice a day. This laxative usually really helps. I would also mix in 1 tsp of canned pumpkin into her food to help her go a well. You can even offer her a little Pedialyte throughout the day to keep her well hydrated which will also help. You can also give her some canned food to increase her water intake.