Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She’s constipated really bad And she was staggering a bit…

Customer Question
She’s constipated really bad...

She’s constipated really bad And she was staggering a bit tried to take her to the vet but they’re closed

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

And she was staggering a bit tried to take her to the vet but they’re closedThere’s no wound

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Dottie 14

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dottie?

There is a lump on her neck our vet in Utah didn’t want to operate cause of her age an it’s close to her jugalar vine

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I can make some recommendations for the constipation. I would start with giving her Miralax, 1 tsp twice a day. This laxative usually really helps. I would also mix in 1 tsp of canned pumpkin into her food to help her go a well. You can even offer her a little Pedialyte throughout the day to keep her well hydrated which will also help. You can also give her some canned food to increase her water intake.

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian