Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our dog groomer just said she saw enlarged gums in our

Customer Question
Our dog groomer just...

Our dog groomer just said she saw enlarged gums in our pyrenees and that the only times she has ever seen this, it was cancer. Our vet is closed for the holiday and I am freaking out. Help Should we go to an emergency vet. He is about 7 1/2 and also has had lymes and another tick borne illness, and was treated for both.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No, it is actually my daughter's dog and is on the way back to her house so I don't have him here with me. My son picked up the pyrennes and my Skye terrier at the groomer, and we are wondering if we should tell my daughter (and ruin her Christmas when she can't get to the vet as they are closed) or wait. I would love to hear it is not always cancer!

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name?

Toby is the pyrenees.,

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Toby?

Already said about the lymes etc.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi!

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

Lets not panic just yet :)

Are you able to send me a picture of the gums?

I can get this sorted for you post haste

Paul