Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I dropped a 10 mg pill of desipramine which was mean to for…

Customer Question
I dropped a 10...

I dropped a 10 mg pill of desipramine which was mean to for onto the rug in the bedroom. I can't find it. I have gotten on my knees looking for it & vacuumed the area. I haven't found it. My 2 year old 8 1/2 pound poodle mix will eat anything on the rug. Trust me. The pill is very small. She sleeps in this room with me. Assuming she somehow eats it & I don't know, what could happen. Thank you. l

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the poodle. What is the poodle's name?

Alena.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Alena?

She had an an allergy pill this morning--1/4 pill of Chlorpheniramine (4 mg).

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/23/2017
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi!

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

How long ago might this have happened?
Do you have any hydrogen peroxide?

Paul

I dropped it 30 minutes ago. I am pretty sure she has not had time to get to it before I vacuumed. No, I don't have any hydrogen peroxide but can get some easily. The door to the bedroom is closed & she is on my lap. What symptoms would I look for if she took the pill & does eat the pill later?

It sounds like she probably did not get the tablet

So lets watch for weakness, lethargy, high heart rate and inappetance

Update me in 2 hours time

Okay?

Paul

Still there?

Paul

Hi there

If you could rate me that would be great- Otherwise I dont get paid

Thanks. Paul